Lena Public Library serves residents of the Village and Town of Lena, WI. The Library is a joint Library, as of January 1, 2016, being owned by the Village of Lena and Town of Lena with additional funding from Oconto County.
Lena Library is part of the Nicolet Federated Library System. This allows patrons to have access to collections in Outagamie, Waupaca, Shawano, Door, Florence, Oneida, Marinette, Kewaunee, Menominee, Oconto, and the Oneida Reservation. Patrons may borrow items from these libraries and return items to any member library without an fees.
Please stop in at our beautiful library, conveniently located on Main Street Lena.
A brief History of our Library:
- Lena Public Library has a history that dates back to 1929. Librarians were paid $2 a week and the library was open for one day a week and it was located in Pies Drug Store. The last payment shown to these librarians was in 1950.
- In 1971 The Lena Lions were formed and in 1973 Jackie and Ken Linzmeyer brought the idea of a library as something the Lions could organize to help the community
- Books were obtained from Oconto and kept on shelves in the Village Hall.
- In 1976 the library was moved to a small room in the McGuire building.
- In 1984 the library moved back to the Village Hall.
- April 10, 1985 our little library officially became a legal library
- In 1994 Library board members started looking into expansion
- New/Current Building Built in December 2006